Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Make a Cricut dust cover

I've been busy stocking up on supplies with an eye toward a sweet little mother-daughter book to make for Butterfly. Look at these handmade/hand-sewn stickers! Gorgeous, aren't they? I know you want some. Seriously, take a look at my blogging friend Tara's shop ... But beware! You won't be able to resist.

Anyway, a little while ago I got busy making a dust cover for my Cricut. With the approximately 4,025 animals I have in my home, it was a can't-do-this-too-soon kind of project. I poked around online and came across this video. There are a bunch of patterns you can download ... Just do a Google search.

Here's the video. There are several steps, but don't let that intimidate you:



And don't let the idea of sewing intimidate you, either. I used fusible web, heh heh heh. Here's what I ended up with (I found the material for like 2 bucks at a junk store):



I added a little handle just for fun.



Pretty cool, hunh?

No comments:

Post a Comment