Monday, November 15, 2010

You can't win 'em all


How about a quickish photo recap kind of deal of this weekend's scrapbook convention, CKC in Seattle?

I only took three classes -- no volunteering or crops this year. I tried to leave plenty of time for shopping at the vendor fair, but I STILL did not see everything. There were, however, a ton of great deals this year. There always are -- Seattle is the last stop of the year for CKC. But this year it seemed like more purposeful targeting of the inexpensive stuff. There was more than one dollar booth, for example.

My cool find were these paper kits for $2.50 each. There's at least 20 sheets of nice paper plus all these embellies. Definitely worth much more than $2.50. My only complaint? Why did I buy only two??


I noticed one trend: Flowers and butterflies shaped by wire with sheer fabric and bling details. I found one booth where they also came on a long wire, but this booth's display definitely caught my attention. Pretty, isn't it?



Classes were hit and miss, as usual. The first, by SEI, was cool because we got a ton of stuff. Getting a ton of stuff usually sends the class to the top of the list since even if I don't like what's being taught, I can use the ton of stuff to my own liking:) Second class was about masking/misting, and I liked this class. The supplies weren't too plentiful, but they were gorgeous. I also won some in the door prize drawing -- Jenni Bowlin and October Afternoon. Good stuff:) During the class, I made this layout:


The final class was by Creating Keepsakes. I'm glad it was my freebie for signing up for the Creating Keepsakes Club. It was a simple summer album class ... and there was so very little about it that was original! We got a ton of 8x8 paper and an album ... and about 10 flowers/brads. The lo's were pretty ugly, too. So -- I'll repurpose the goodies and make my own originality, lol. CK has been very disappointing, though. I have a feeling the company is struggling. I wish it would listen to suggestions and not keep itself stuck in a mode that obviously is disintegrating ... But I'm going off topic here.

Finally, I had entered the layout contest, but once again this year did not win. I've only won once ... which I suppose I need to be grateful for, and I am! I just want to win again, lol. This is my layout, with a couple of detail shots:




Anyway, I have a couple of random things left to clear out of the publish-to-the-blog file, then I'm hopeful I'll have the final banner post up:) I also need to get a giveaway in the works ... I've been the lucky recipient of RAKs and want to return that generosity! So spread the word and once I have enough followers, I'll get one going.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment