Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Butterfly's birthday



My little girl is turning 3 at the end of the month. I know. I can't believe it either. So her dad and I decided we'd do a fairy theme this year since the monkey really loves Tinkerbell. (And Disney princesses. But that agony for this feminist mama is best saved for another day.) Daddy is in charge of arrangements this year, and although we're keeping it to a family party, I still had to make invites, lol.


Here's what folks will receive.

Detail shot.



Here's what I did:

Started with a green organza bag. These are $5 for 10 at the Evil Chain Crafts Store I Hate But Still Shop At, and the 40% off coupon knocks a nice chunk off.

I raided my supplies and gathered some star confetti (Ikea, from a past Christmas), vellum flower confetti (Martha Stewart) and mulberry butterflies (I don't remember), along with flowers (from my stash).

Printed out the invites, tore them and pink-inked the edges and interior, mounted them on a square of pink mulberry and added some bling.

I then rolled the invites into a scroll and took a healthy length of pretty green thread -- to match the bags -- and wrapped it multiple times around the scroll before tying it off.

Stuffed the bags with all of the goods ...

And here they are!

It was such a quick, easy project. I really love how they look:)


And here's a sneak peek of what's coming next:


No comments:

Post a Comment