Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

This morning, I told the kids we were going to a scrapbooking store for National Scrapbooking Day. Elephant asked me if he could make a scrapbook.

Told you he's a good boy;)

While I did get to spend some more time in my crafting shed doing destash and organization, I was only able to get a single page done, thanks to Butterfly's recent (though not new) wish to be physically attached to me at all times -- and whilst attached, "help" me by physically moving my arms and trying to anticipate what I might be doing and/or need, so she can do it. Yeah, yeah. I hear you now: "Awwwwww, that's so cute!" OK, now imagine what it's REALLY like.

Anyway, here was our afternoon in the crafting shed:






And here was my one page:

detail shot: I made the flower in the middle during the
scrapbook store's make-and-take.

detail shot: The tag says "Some things never change -- like my love for you." Notice, too, the line of little holes there at center/bottom? That's suppose to be sewing. But the thread pulled out of the machine (AGAIN) and I ended up with decorative holes instead of decoration. Still looks OK. The dang machine, though, is going back to the store.

detail shot: I LOVE the filmstrip ribbon. It's a relatively new product, by Tim Holtz. His products are right up my alley. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the butterfly's also his.

detail shot

And here's the finished page. I'm finding myself attached
to orange and blue lately.

P.S. Elephant reminds me that when Butterfly saw the page, she
pointed at it and squealed, then dashed off to find the bear shown in the photo. The value of scrapbooking in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment